Since April 2014, the powers of the Radio Frequency Service in the Crimea and Sevastopol have been exercised by a GRFC Branch in the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol. Its head office is located in Simferopol. The radio monitoring facility in Sevastopol monitors emissions from stations and civilian-purpose high-frequency devices and the electromagnetic environment. Also, GRFC has deployed a mobile control, monitoring and communication centre in the Crimea, which functions as the Branch’s mobile situation centre.
Work is currently in progress to equip the Branch with modern monitoring and measurement systems, to upgrade fixed and mobile radio monitoring units, in order to promote and support efficient and appropriate use of spectrum and stations in the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol.
The functions and powers of the recently established Branch are to:
- monitor emissions from civilian radio electronic equipment (radio monitoring) in the territory of the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol;
- form call signs for identifying radio stations;
- inform radio frequency spectrum users about suspensions of radio electronic equipment operations;
- measure electromagnetic fields to identify radio electronic equipment’s service areas;
- test radio electronic equipment for electromagnetic compatibility (field tests);
- participate in expert reviews of requested uses of radio electronic equipment, check it for electromagnetic compatibility with operating and/or planned radio electronic equipment and issue the findings;
- take actions to support payment of radio frequency spectrum use fees to the Federal budget and render other services to radio frequency spectrum users in the territory of the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol.
For matters pertaining to appropriate use of radio frequencies or radio frequency channels, radio electronic equipment and/or civilian-purpose high-frequency devices in the territory of the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol, please, contact the GRFC Branch in the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol at: 12 Moskovskaya str., Simferopol, 295043, or at: 35 Batumskaya str., Sevastopol 299011.